Blog pic

Blog pic

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring Makeup, Nails, & Outfit Ideas

The snow is melted and the sun is out (Took long enough)! Spring is finally here and the temperature has gone from the negatives to the fifties! The winter season is full of royal blues, deep purples, and dark reds, but it's finally time to change it up! As the weather is getting warmer, you're makeup, outfits, and nails should too! 

Spring is pastel season. From the baby pinks, to the bright yellows, to the Tiffany blues, this time of year is full of the colors you can see on the flowers that will be budding in about a week! So without further adieu, I'm going to share my spring makeup routine, my favorite nail color at the moment, and some other spring-inspired ideas!


Makeup:

Foundation: Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Ivory 2: Mont Blac
Concealer: Mary Kay concealer in Ivory 2
Powder: (not pictured) Mary Kay Sheer Mineral Press Powder in Ivory 1
Blush: Palledio Baked Blush in Rosy
Eyebrows: (not pictured) Mary Kay Taupe Eyeshadow & Ulta Clear Eyebrow Gel
Eyeshadow: Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo Metal in 55 Inked in Pink
Eyeliner: L'Oréal Lineur Intense Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black
Mascara: Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara in Very Black
Lip Balm: (not pictured) Chapstick in Original Cherry
Lip Stain:(not pictured) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic

My Eyes:


Before I started my eye makeup, I first did my eyebrows.  Using Taupe eyeshadow from Mary Kay, I filled in the sparse areas and then finished with the Ulta Clear Brow Gel.
For my eye makeup, I used my finger to apply the Maybelline Color Tattoo all over my lid and crease.  In this picture, I don't have anything darker on my crease, but you can add a chocolate brown color to create depth.  Using my liquid eyeliner, I created a thin line close to my lash line.  If you want, you can create small wings which will help open your eyes further.  Lastly, I applied 3 coats of mascara to my top lashes and just a little on my bottom. 

For the rest of my face:

If you want, I can make a another blog post on how I do my face makeup everyday and the tips I use to make it last long.  Comment if that's something you'd like to see! 
For this look, all I did was apply my Nars foundation, followed by my Mary Kay concealer under my eyes and on my spots.  Then, I powdered over all of it with the Mary Kay Sheer Mineral Press Powder to set the foundation.  To finish for my face, I popped the Palledio blush on my cheeks.  I love this blush so much because besides being a beautiful color for my skin tone, it also adds a highlight, so it makes me look more awake without me having to do another step!

I also have a different foundation routine using some different products and some bronzer, which I didn't use this time, on my previous column which you can find here:
http://canfieldcardinal.com/beauty-with-bree/2014/11/03/contour-light-makeup-tutorial/

My Nails: 


My new favorite nail color is Tart Deco from Essie. It is a peachy, sunset orange that is perfect for spring.  To start and make my nail polish stay on as long as I can manage, I used the Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat.  After that was semi-dry, I painted on 2 coats of the Essie nail polish.  Lastly, because I am very impatient when it comes to my nails drying and because I'm clumsy and usually end up messing them up within 2 minutes, I applied the Eséncia desert oil nail polish to help it dry much faster!


Outfits:

I don't have any pictures yet since it has been very windy outside, making it hard to take pictures without becoming too cold or the wind blowing everything around.  But hopefully, I can get some outfit ideas pretty soon when it warms up just a little more! 

But just to start you off, I have a few ideas.

Skirts are, of course, a spring must. They can be worn with cute shirts and sweaters if it gets chilly, and either some converse, keds, or sandals for a casual look. Small pumps are great to dress it up a bit!

Sweaters. Yes, you've been wearing them for months on end, I know. But I'm not talking about those knitted ones that keep you super toasty. You're going to become super overheated if you wear those now! I'm referring to the lighter sweaters and cardigans that will keep you warm in the wind, but not make you feel like you're sitting in a sauna. 

Dresses are also a huge part of spring. You can wear them all year long, but now you can start to ditch the tights! 

Jeans (specifically boyfriend style). This trend is still very much in, especially on those chillier spring days, and you can roll the bottoms up to make it more comfortable and chic! Skinny and high waisted jeans are still in as well, so spring into the season with your favorite style! 

Keds, Converse, Vans, Toms, etc.  You've been living in Uggs, combat boots, snow boots, and anything you can get your hands on to keep your toes warm, I get it! Now the temperatures are escalating, so you can ditch the boots and opt for the cute, but casual, sneakers. These shoes are super comfortable, and go with pretty much any outfit. They give you a classic look and keep your feet still somewhat warm, but not on fire!  You can also wear sandals if the weather is warm enough!  


I really hope some of that helps you make an easier transition into the new season or maybe just gives you some new tips you didn't know! Enjoy this nice weather and the warm sun and have a lovely week! 

Love Always,
Bree x



No comments:

Post a Comment