Blog pic

Blog pic

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Summer Favorites


What time is it? Summer time! 

Sorry, that was corny. But even if you didn't understand or appreciate that High School Musical reference, the fact is, it's summer. School is finally out and the sun is too. That means doing your hair and makeup is probably the last thing you want to be doing, and I agree. So this week I'm going to tell you the products I love to use in the summer that don't take loads of time to use and aren't heavy.

Let's get right to it!

As much fun as it is sitting there with a hair tool that is about 350 degrees trying to get your hair to look perfect, the summer is more about looking the most natural as you can be. Drop the curling irons and straighteners and go for mousse and hairspray. If you have even the slightest amount of natural wave in your hair, you can scrunch your hair to give it very natural, beachy curls. 



The mousse I use is the Herbal Essence Body Envy Volumizing Mousse. It has a strength of 4 so it gives you the biggest results and not to mention it smells like oranges and sunshine...who doesn't want that? It works best when all of your hair is wet and air drying, but make sure it's not sopping wet. 

After I've scrunched my hair with the mousse, I use the Biosilk Silk Therapy Finished Spray with a Natural Hold.  I spray it in my hair and continue scrunching until I like the way it looks. It holds all day and it also smells nice. It is also amazing as a regular hair spray after you use hot tools so you don't need to go get a different hairspray for that (Saving money one step at a time).



Recently, my sister and I have found a brush that is so gentile on your hair when it is wet and gets out the tangles. It's called the Wet Brush-Pro by Wet Brush. Apparently the double-coated bristles don't wrip out your hair like normal brushes, and although I am not sure why that is, I'll take it if that means less split ends. 



I also apply the Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco by OGX to keep my hair soft and healthy after I have brushed it. I would highly recommend this product because I can't explain how good it smells and it is so hydrating on my dry hair during the summer. 



To wash my face, I've been using the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash in pink grapfruit. Let me just say that if I didn't know better, I would probably eat it. It smells so fresh and delicious and it makes my skin feel super clean. It exfoliates with the small bursting beads in it and I couldn't love it more. If you haven't given it a try yet, do it now. You won't regret it.



As for makeup, the less and the lighter, the better this time of year. I use the Garnier BB Cream in Light/Medium all over my face. It has an SPF in it and also covers up some unevenness.  It makes my face feel very soft as well.  As for mascara, I'm always trying out new ones, but recently I've been using the Mega Plush Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara by Maybelline in Very Black. My personal favorite is the Waterproof Lash Blast Volume by Covergirl, but I do love how natural the Maybelline one makes my lashes look. It also stays on all day which is what's most important. 


If there's something you have been using and love, please leave it in the comments below because I love trying new products out. Hopefully this helped give you a list of new things for this summer and enjoy soaking up the sun and relaxing!

Love Always,
Bree x

No comments:

Post a Comment