Blog pic

Blog pic

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Have Faith


Terrorism.  Economic instability.  A dying environment.  Unsafe relationships.  The 2016 election.

The world is full of heartbreaking realities, which is not something new I needed to tell you.  It is full of overwhelming, negative problems, and some days it all seems hopeless for all of us.  There are days where you just want to give up.  We all have them. And as someone with anxiety disorder, giant problems like these are big triggers for panic attacks, which if you have never had one, feels like the walls around you are closing in and you're drowning all at the same time.  Needless to say, these are far from my favorite things in life.  

But oddly enough, for once I do not feel scared.

Like many other young adults my age in America, I stood in line to vote for the very first time to try and make a difference on Tuesday.  Now I am not going to tell you who I voted for for two major reasons:
1. My choice was personal and I do not feel that the entire world needs to know because it is private.
2. It really has nothing to do with this post.
So if you came here hoping to hear who I voted for (which I highly doubt you did), I am very sorry to disappoint you, but that is not what I'm writing about. If, for some reason, you are incredibly interested in my views, I would be more than happy to talk to you about that privately, but not right now!  However, even though the decision was difficult for me, I also know when I entered my ballot into the computer system that whatever I decided was not something I needed to worry about.  The future of the world is not in my hands.

Our future, as much as we would like to think we control it, is all taken care of and has been by the One loves us so incredibly much - God.  He is powerful, loving, and has the best interest of every person on this earth.  So when I left the room where I voiced my opinion, I knew the results would turn out how He intended because He always has a plan and a reason for everything that happens, good or bad. 

Wednesday when I woke up, I took a look on my twitter feed to see almost every person completely losing their minds and being super rude to each other because they couldn't understand how something like this could happen.  People with opposing views disrespected each other and let it tear their friendships apart.  They could not handle anything that was going on.  All of that reminded me of something my friends, Alexa and Shanika, went over in the middle school youth group I help out with, that really stood out.  We sometimes are told that God won't give you anything you can't handle, but as the two explained to wide-eyed fifth and sixth grade girls, the exact opposite is true.  God gives you things you can't handle on your own.  Just think about it, if God only gave you things you could handle, then there would be no reason for Him to be there.  He gives us difficult things that make us dependent on Him to help us realize that we need Him because He is the only way to get through it.  

To those who are scared, upset, or confused, this is the time for you to rely on Him.  Lean on Him. It is why we go through things that do not always make sense to us.  Ask Him for understanding and peace of mind.  He wants you to run to Him, so sprint full speed.

God has a plan and my faith in that is what does not let the anxiety attacks get the best of me in such crazy times in our world.  Faith is what saves us and the only decision we make that really does matter.  So, I encourage you if you have not already, to put your trust in Jesus instead of posting hurtful things on the internet.  Faith is the answer to all of it, and I can promise you that there is nothing better than knowing someone bigger than yourself has already taken care of it. 

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
-Deuteronomy 31:6


Feel free to post versus of encouragement in the comments below to help others and be kind to each other! God bless, and have a great rest of the week!  

Love Always,
Bree x

No comments:

Post a Comment