Blog pic

Blog pic

Sunday, February 1, 2015

DIY Pamper Sessions - Hair

Get your homework done.  Get high grades.  Study extra hard.  Get to work.  Do several activities.  Work out.  Eat healthy.  Clean the house.  


Those are just a few things we teenagers are expected to do on a daily basis.  There's a lot to do, and not much time.  Many days, we forget to stop stressing and take a moment to enjoy now; To take a breath and relax a little.  Because as important as all those tasks I mentioned are, it is also important and healthy to take some time, stress-free, to collect ourselves. 

So here is what I do with my hair to help me relax after a stressful week:

Hair Mask:
I'm going to guess that your hair isn't usually your first priority during these stressful school weeks, and I'd bet it's taking its toll.  From frantically brushing our hair (and not carefully I might add) to damaging hot tools, your hair may not be very soft or have much shine left to it, so here is what I do when I need to put life back in my locks! 

You Will Need:
-honey (organic preferably)
-organic coconut oil 
-small metal pan
-spoon
-small bowl
-towel you don't care about
-shower cap

Before you start, make sure you haven't washed your hair yet and then consider whether your hair is fine or thick.  My hair is right in the middle so if your hair is fine, I would use just a little bit less, and if it is thick, I might use a little bit more.

Put a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan and mix them together as well as you can.  Put the mixture on low heat on your stove till they are both in liquid form and continue stirring to keep the ingredients together.  Turn it off and put it into a small bowl and wait for it to cool down just enough that it won't burn your fingers.  Put the towel around your neck so that when you put the mixture on it won't get on your clothes.  Dip your fingers into the bowl and spread it all through your hair concentrating on your ends a little more than the rest.  When you have used it all, put your hair up into a shower cap and wait 15-20 minutes to let it soak into your hair.  Then wash your hair with your favorite shampoo and conditioner and you'll have your smooth shiny hair! :)

Thanks for reading!  I hope it works for you!  Come back next weekend for my next article!

Love Always, 
Bree x

No comments:

Post a Comment