Blog pic

Blog pic

Monday, March 16, 2015

Staying Active

In case you haven't walked outside lately, the white blanket of snow is more than halfway gone, it's around 50 degrees, and the potholes are horrendous!  All this means one thing: spring is finally coming! 

First off, excuse my extremely late post, but this past weekend was very busy for me because of St. Patrick's Day and all the dancing I had to do! There just wasn't time and I apologize. 

So to go along with the dancing I've been doing and spring being well on its way, I thought it was fitting to talk about getting out of our hibernation filled with cosy sofas and warm coffee, and into exercise   (pun intended). 

Every age needs to stay active whether it's weights and hard cardio or just a walk around the neighborhood, and 15 minutes of it every day.  Why?  Many reasons!

1) It relieves stress and improves your mood.  Everyone stresses and gets upset, so the less of it, the better!

2) It gives you more energy.  Don't believe me? Try it! I've exercised right before I've gone to bed, which was a bad idea because I couldn't fall asleep! But regardless, exercise= more energy= more awake= more productive day. 

3) It increases brain function! You'll have a better memory, which is great if you're as forgetful as I am. It will help you analyze your day better than you would if you'd sat on the couch. 

4) I'm sure you already knew, but it helps you lose weight. After spring comes summer, so after months of sitting around staying warm in your sweatshirts, you've got to get back in shape for swimsuit season! 

5) It improves your overall health. That means less sick days, and less problems when you're older. 

6) You'll sleep better (provided you don't do what I did and exercise right before bed) by giving you a deeper sleep. 

Finally, don't make excuses not to stay active.  There's pretty much no downside, so just do what you can and have fun with it!  

Happy St. Patrick's Day and have a great week!

Love Always, 
Bree x




No comments:

Post a Comment