Blog pic

Blog pic

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Having Someone to Lean on


If I asked you to name your friends, who would they be? Is it the girl in your lunch, the boy in your math class, your sibling? What makes them your friend? Take a second to answer that for yourself. 

You know who they are now? Good.

I am one of the lucky ones. I have the greatest friends I could possibly ask for. I am blessed with people I can call crying no matter what time of day, and they'll drop everything to listen whether I said I needed them to or not. I have friends that will support and believe in me and in the dreams I hope to come true. They also don't take advantage of me, which is extremely important. They're all over the place, and I'm lucky enough to have more than one. They're all unique: different opinions, different personalities, different styles, different strengths and weaknesses, different backgrounds, different ages, and even different countries. But regardless, they put up with my loudness, my constant laughter at things that may or may not be all that funny, my obsession with english, my experimental baking, my crazy ideas, my out-of-the-blue singing... the list goes on and on. 

I've seen plenty of friends come and go, and that's going to happen no matter what I do. I've realized that some friends are only supposed to be in my life for a little while to help teach me things about life and myself. But the difference between those friends and the ones I have right now is becoming very obvious. 

My current friends put effort back into our friendship. It isn't just me asking to do things or contributing to a conversation. They're also very honest, and will tell me what they think, but without making me upset. They are respectful of our differences and understand we are not always going to agree. But for them, it doesn't seem to matter or ruin the friendship. 

The past month or two have been a little hard, and those are the times when one can truly tell who does care. I've been able to lean on them and tell them what's been going on. That's a big deal for me because I usually just keep my mouth shut (Don't do that). They all have listened to what I had to say, gave me a hug, and told me it all would get better.

I have come to realize that not everyone is going to be a good friend to me, but that does not mean I don't have other amazing ones. Not everyone is going to like me either, and that is okay. Those are just a few lessons I have been learning. 


What I want to share with you is this: 

-Do not let other people change who you are or define who you will become. The real friends are going to love you regardless. 

-Remember who does care. Do not worry about the ones that don't. The ones that care can see when things are wrong no matter how hard you hide it, and they will help you get through whatever it is.

-Accept their help. Getting through things by yourself is so much harder than letting your real friends help you sort out the pain. It's also really unhealthy to keep difficult emotions inside. 

-Lastly, let them know you are thankful for them.  You know you are lucky to have them, so let them know too, and be ready to do the same for them if they need it. 


I hope this helps you to see who your true friends are, and appreciate them in your life. Hope you enjoyed it and have a great week! 

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." 
-Linda Grayson

Love Always, 
Bree x


No comments:

Post a Comment